Friday, January 3, 2020

A Day in Town

Today has been so rainy and dreary, one of those days where you just feel like doing something. The sky is a pale hue between gray and a faded. . . blue? The sun is hidden beneath a mass of wispy white clouds, and a bitter, biting wind hangs in the air.

This morning I woke up early at 8 o'clock (which is very early for me, considering the fact that I usually go to sleep at 1-2 am and get up around 11 am. #writerlife :D Unfortunately, my mom says that my sleeping habits are unacceptable, and they won't be tolerated when school starts back. Which is this Monday. Where does the time go?

I had the best Christmas break ever. I spent it staying up far too late, writing, eating candy, and binge-watching Downton Abbey. I could have been a lot more productive, but where's the fun in that? Ah, yes: the many problems of being a writer. My mindset is usually "Sleep is for the weak!" or "Just one more chapter.". As you can imagine, I don't really get much done.

This morning after finally convincing myself to exercise (I don't know what got into me), I went into town with my mom and brothers. We dropped my older brother off at his work, then we had to run to Hobby Lobby for a ball of yarn. My mom and I are both yarn junkies; you can probably imagine how I felt when I walked dejectedly through that glorious store without a single cent on me. Oh, well; it was probably better that way.

Afterwards we did some grocery shopping. I have no idea why, but I really love going grocery shopping. While pushing the basket and shopping, I used the Wi-Fi to check my email, check the statistics for my blog, look at my Wattpad and Pinterest notifications, and download a bunch of music. All of this I managed to do without being abducted. Oh, and my phone was even at 3%.

Then we arrived at the destination I had been anticipating most: the library. The beautiful, sacred, glorious library. Just the dusty smell of old, treasured books is heaven to me. Unfortunately, we didn't stay for long; all I could do was run in and pick up a book that the library had been holding for me ("Blogging for Dummies"). The transaction took longer than I expected, but I was perfectly content to stand and breathe in the wonderful smell of books.

I spent the rest of the afternoon typing up blog posts, listening to Bastille's music like a normal person fangirling over Bastille's music, cooking dinner, and creating way too many blogs to keep up with.

Oh, guess what? I created a blog on Tumblr called Micah's Musings. I've never even used Tumblr before (I've just seen all of the rants people go on about writing and whatnot), but I read in Blogging for Dummies that you can blog with it. Micah's Musings is basically just a place where I share my art, photo edits, writing tips, and random rants. Basically anything that's on my mind but doesn't make enough sense to post on a blog. It'd be really cool if you guys could check it out.

Well, that's all for today, but I'll write again tomorrow. Thanks for reading my pointless rambling; if you have anything to say, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts below. :)